B90, Day 1: Sabbath Peace

>> Friday, January 1, 2010

Scripture: Genesis 2:2-3

2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. 3 And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

Observation: God worked hard for six days to create the Earth, so on the seventh day he rested. He considered the seventh day special enough to BLESS it and make it HOLY.

Application: I want to honor God by acknowledging his gift of the Seventh Day, keeping it Holy. I will do this by following the Sabbath. I want to work on making Sabbath a less stressful day for myself and those I live with.

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for this beautiful Sabbath day that you created. Thank you for the peace that it brings for me every week, I hope that it does the same for the others in my life. Please help me to become closer to you by honoring your Sabbath. Help me to remain peaceful throughout this Sabbath day today, and carry that peace with me all week. Help me to grow closer to you.


I have chosen to use the SOAP method to blog my way through my experience of Reading the Bible in 90 Days. It's not a format I've ever used personally, but I like the idea behind it, so I'm trying it out. A new thing for a new year. :)

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP