How I spent my Thursday (and why my Bible reading did not get done...)

>> Friday, January 8, 2010

Okay, right off the bat I will admit, my Bible in 90 Days reading for Day 7 did not get done yesterday. I will do it this morning as soon as I finish this blog!

I got up fairly early yesterday to head out to one of the cities about 30 minutes away that has both a Social Security Office and an RMV. Both of these agencies have offices closer to home, but NOT as close to each other. The beauty of going out to this particular city to do this was that I literally was able to walk ONE BLOCK from SS to RMV.

So I got into SS and got my little number from the machine, and waited. I was C22. They had B numbers, 60's, and C's. Of the C's they were on C11. I still waited over an hour. I really didn't think I was going to have time for RMV. Now, as I'm sitting there I can feel my sinuses getting worse and worse. It's become a lovely sinus infection. No big deal just gotta get through it. But I'm in a public building ya know??

So finally I get called, I take my paperwork to the window, and the gal was great, no hassle, she even found a spelling error I hadn't noticed! Got it all done and I check the wait time at RMV on their website through my cell phone. Only 32 minutes for a license. And I have an hour til I have to leave the city. I'm GOOD!

So I walk to the RMV. I get my number there. Now they are PLOWING through the numbers. I fill out my application, and get all my paperwork together to make this easy on myself and I wait. And half an hour passes, 45 minutes passes... I'm getting real close to the one hour mark, but they also are only ONE number away from me. Tough call ya know?

I make the decision to wait it out. I'm running a risk of being late to work, but I DO need to get this done and I'm FINALLY front of the line. I get called. I get there and the guy is so confused. Half my documentation is my "married" name, half is my "maiden" now restored last name. I explain it and he says we have to put me in the system under the "married" name and clear homeland security, and driving record, THEN go back, change my name, clear me AGAIN, and then I am good. Oh my. He works quickly, but it takes 20 minutes.

I text BFF's DH and ask him to get the kids ready and get my work stuff ready too so WHEN I finally get there we are ready to go. I finally get all my stuff from RMV guy, including my little temporary paper license, I pay him the $100 (OUCH) and practically run out the door. I get to the car (meter ALMOST ran out) and get going.

Like a GOOD girl I had put the GPS in my bag, but hadn't shut it off right away. At some point all the stuff in there had reset it to walking route!! So as I drive off it's not putting me on the freeway! I pull over and change the GPS to driving routes and finally get on the freeway. At this point I know I can't POSSIBLY make it to work on time, and I want to cry. So I calmly call work and ask to speak to the manager. I had mentioned to that manager that I was going this week to do this, and so when I told her why I was running late she kind of understood. Plus we were only talking 15-20 minutes.

It's at this point that I realize I have not eaten a BITE of food all day, I have NONE in the car, and there's no time to get any before work. Drats. Oh well, Gotta make it til break. And I did but boy was I hungry.

So I did get to work, just about the full 20 minutes late I anticipated, and started working, and started feeling worse and worse. This darn head sinus thing was just making me miserable. I was (am) totally stuffed up. I was getting a sinus headache from being so stuffed up. I just wanted to quit. Finally i got my break and ate some food. YAY for nourishment. :)

Then back to work until 8 when BFF picked me up and we went to Walgreens to get prescriptions and then WalMart for juice and then home where I didn't even LOOK a my computer, I just went upstairs. I watched some of the 'Bama/Texas game and fell asleep and then BFF woke me up so I wasn't sleeping in my jeans! LOL

So THAT was my Thursday, and no where in there did I manage to get my reading done. I was too on edge while at SS and RMV to read. I had my Bible and notebook with me. And I got a LITTLE bit of the reading done, but not much... So sometime today I will do the rest of yesterdays and all of today's :) No biggie, just catch up :)

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP