Reading Challenge Book Reviews January 17, 2010-January 23, 2010

>> Saturday, January 23, 2010

I have completed the following books and am reviewing them this week:

Nursing America: One Year Behind the Nursing Stations of an Inner-City Hospital, by Sandy Balfour:
Challenges: 100+ Books, Support Your Library
An easy non-fiction read. Balfour spends a year following and interviewing various nurses and other personnel of a major hospital in Memphis, TN. I chose this book as I am considering entering a career in Nursing. I wanted a book about nursing but was unwilling to spend money on it! So off to the library I went! :) I really enjoyed the book, though it jumped around a bit. I liked how it followed the calender format of the authors time in Memphis. Overall, a good book, easy to read.

What a Girl Wants, by Kristin Billerbeck:
Challenges: 100+ Books, Buy One and Read It, New-to-Me Christian Author
A delightful Christian fiction book about a thirty-one year old woman in the Silicon Valley who is desperately looking for the right man and wondering what God's reason is for making her wait. Suddenly there's two men both vying for her attention. As she juggles them both, as well as her high profile job that includes too many trips abroad for her taste, and looking for a new apartment with too little notice, will she find her true love?? Ahhh... I don't want to give away the ending!!! LOL This is one of three in a series, I THINK it's the first, but I am not totally sure. I really enjoyed it and devoured it in barely a day. I also loved that I paid less than $5 for it on the discount rack at Barnes and Noble. :)

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP