B90, Day 22: Listen

>> Saturday, January 23, 2010

Scripture: 2 Samuel 7:2

He said to Nathan the Prophet, "Here I am, living in a palace of cedar, while the ark of God remains in a tent."

2 Samuel 7:7

Wherever I have moved with the Israelites, did I ever say to any of their rules whom I commanded to shepard my people Israel, "Why have you not built me a house of cedar?"

Observation: David feels that God's house should be better. He is living in a grand palace and God's house is a tent. Yet God says to Nathan, I never asked for more.

Application: It's not always about what we think God wants. We have to stop and listen to what He is telling us. Sometimes it is very obvious, sometimes very subtle.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, Thank you for speaking to me. Help me to open my heart and mind to hear you more clearly so I can follow your intentions more fully.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP