2010 Goals

>> Thursday, December 31, 2009

The following are some of the goals I am setting for myself for the year 2010. As I said in a prior post, my goals are not set in stone, hard, fast, MUST succeed at things. I will NOT tie my self-esteem or self-worth to my goals. They really are just guidelines for things I want to do this year.

Spiritual goals: Read the entire Bible. I am joining with others on the web to read the Bible in 90 days beginning today. The Happy Housewife was where I first read about it, and after much thought and prayer decided that this was the right time and format for me to read the Bible cover to cover. That will last through the month of March.

Our church is also doing a thing called 10 Days of Prayer for the first 10 days of January, the readings for it will be online. I will ATTEMPT to do it. However, since it coincides with the start of reading the Bible in 90 days it is not going to be my focus.

After March I might look for a bible study to do, but as of right now I have no further plans in this department. I will re-assess after March.

Physical/fitness goals: I'm lumping these two together as I really feel they often go hand in hand. I will continue my healthier eating habits. I've been a bit looser about my sweet tooth with the holidays. Lots of cookies lately LOL. But now that the New Year has arrived I am going to ease back on the sweets and the lattes and go back to my healthier choices (of course I will continue to have my Reese's Peanut Butter Cups on break at work!). I will also continue to exercise healthy portion control. I have actually remained pretty good on this through the holidays.

I want to make more effort to go to the gym regularly. BFF and I keep saying we are going to get up early and go to the gym before her DH leaves for work. I'd LIKE to, but we are such night owls. It just doesn't seem to ever happen. So either we have to change ourselves and go to bed earlier so we can DO IT, or accept that we aren't going to change and find other times of the day to go! I want to find at least ONE class a week at the gym to attend and be consistent with it. I tend to work better at this sort of thing when I've got a group setting so I figure if I have a class to attend, maybe I'll do better.

Educational goals: As soon as I can afford to, I want to go back to school and get my EMT training again. I'd LOVE to go in February, but I don't honestly believe I can have the money together by then, not to mention there's some personal issues in my life that I believe will not be resolved by then. So instead I am shooting for a May or June session. This will have me completing the course in late Summer or early Fall. I could have my licensing before the end of the calendar year.

Employment goals: I will continue to work at my current Job and accept a promotion if it is offered to me, provided no contractual obligation is incurred. I do not want to be locked into this Job long term. The reasoning behind that is that when I complete EMT training I want to seek employment as an EMT as soon as possible. I will not totally quit my current Job however once I get that employment. I want to pay down some excess debt and I believe that working 2 to 3 shifts a week (if possible) at this Job while working as an EMT would be a GREAT benefit toward that.

Financial goals: My 2 biggest financial goals... Pay off the car so I can finally HAVE it (long story involving ex-DH and divorce terms), and pay for EMT school. But beyond those... I want to be consistent about putting away 10% of EVERY paycheck and EVERY child support check into savings. I want to start working down some of my student loan debts as well.

Parenting goals: I want to put the girls into some classes. Peanut is showing great interest lately in dancing and I think I need to capitalize on that. Bug is a little more difficult but the answer will come. I need to keep on all their medical appointments and follow ups.

As of right now these are my goals, I'm sure we'll re-visit them later!!

2 comments:

Anonymous January 2, 2010 at 7:14 PM  

Hello,

You have some wonderful goals to complete. I'll be praying for you, as I was a single Mom for over 17 years...one very tough job. God is always there for you.

Blessings,
Jilly

Visiting from The Happy Housewife

Nique January 2, 2010 at 10:03 PM  

Thanks Jilly, I definitely appreciate the prayers! :)

Nique

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP