B90, Day 12: Obey

>> Thursday, January 14, 2010

Scripture: Numbers 27:12-14

12 Then the LORD said to Moses, "Go up this mountain in the Abarim range and see the land I have given the Israelites. 13 After you have seen it, you too will be gathered to your people, as your brother Aaron was, 14 for when the community rebelled at the waters in the Desert of Zin, both of you disobeyed my command to honor me as holy before their eyes." (These were the waters of Meribah Kadesh, in the Desert of Zin.)

Observation: Moses is being shown the promised land but denied entrance due to his disobedience of the Lord.

Application: God knows and he does keep record. Thankfully Jesus died for our sins. But we still need to obey God.

Prayer: Father, help me to learn to obey you. I want to obey you.

1 comments:

Anonymous January 14, 2010 at 5:17 PM  

I thing I have noticed in reading up to this point, is how often many, including Abraham and Moses, would argue with God. I thought it a bit funny, when Abraham kept saying to God, "far be it for me..." Why then did he keep doing it?.

But is that not what we do so often today? I myself have many times, said to God, "if you allow this, I'll do that". And I have lost count as to the many times I have gotten myself in the middle of something, and actually asked God how he was going to get me out of it. Oh but for the grace of God!

The disobedience of so many in the Old Testament is mind boggling, as it is today. I never really noticed it before. Maybe with "old" age does come wisdom...at least some days.

Glad to see you keeping up with the readings. I have enjoyed them.

Blessings,
Jilly

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP