My TO DO for today:

>> Monday, January 4, 2010

So I don't exactly have a LONG to do list, but I HAVE to get certain things done today.. So maybe if I put them out here for the world to see I'll hold MYSELF more accountable because I'll know I need to come back and report to you all! So here goes:

-DONE call the court in the state where my divorce and custody was done and ask how to get more certified copies of said documents. As of 11:02 am DONE. It took 2 calls to the Family Court to get the correct phone number to call the Clerks office and 3 tries to get through to the clerks office. It's going to cost me quite a bit of money per copy to get it but now I know where and how! YAY!

-DONE send for more copies of said documents As of 2:45 pm Jan. 5th DONE!

-DONE find most local WIC office (hopefully closer than the LAST one I went to!) As of 11:02 am DONE. I mapped the distances while I was trying to get through to the courts! LOL LOVE multi-tasking. Unfortunately, it's true that the same office as last time is the closest office. Boo. My concern is that it took a LONG time last time. But I will get on them about needing to get going.

-DONE call and make an appointment for WIC As of 11:15 am DONE. I called, swallowed my pride, and made the appointment. Money has seemed a little tighter lately and I know that WIC is only available to us until the girls turn 5. So, much as I hate to do it, I have made the appointment to put them back on WIC. WIC really is a great program. My philosophy on it has always been that I didn't want to use it if I didn't NEED it. But I seem to need it now. I do not believe in using it JUST because I qualify.

-DONE find out where nearest social security office is As of 11:30 am DONE. There's 2 that are about the same distance away, so whichever one has the first available appointment that works with MY schedule will be the winner. Preferably the one that does NOT have metered parking!!

-DONE call and make an appointment with social security to go change last name post divorce As of 12:00 pm as DONE as it gets. ARG... The first available appointment is FEBRUARY 1st. So I did NOT make an appointment. I will be doing a walk in tomorrow. Which means that I cannot make an appointment for motor vehicles because I don't ACTUALLY know that my name change will be DONE tomorrow. *sigh* and woe is me. Pity party over. Please pray that Social Security gets done easy and fast tomorrow!

Well, Social Security is waiting until Thursday, it works better with everyone's schedule if I wait until Thursday.


-DONE find out where nearest motor vehicle office is As of Jan. 7th

-DONE call and make an appointment to FINALLY get a local driver's license after my last name is changed ($$$) As of Jan 7th, did as a walk in

-moving to my next to do list fill out state insurance paperwork and send in.

Okay, so since I have to go to work this afternoon, some of this may not happen today, I will go in order and get what I can done.

And away I go!!!

*** Final Edit for today ***
For the little time I gave to myself to get this all accomplished I'm actually pretty proud of myself. I got through to the courts and will get the money order at work today and am writing the letter now for them. I called and made my appointment with WIC. I called SS and found out that I have to do a walk in to get it done this week. And that is where I stalled. During that I also got a billing statement for my water cooler which has been a thorn in my side, it's supposed to be on auto billing but every time I turn around something happens and it mysteriously "gets rejected" when there is MORE than enough money. So I also called and took care of that. YAY.

Now I'm off to make a 2nd cup of coffee and relax a bit before heading off to work for the evening. :)

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP