B90, Day 6: Keep the Sabbath

>> Wednesday, January 6, 2010

This is the first time in doing the readings that I actually had multiple passages to choose from for my scripture. But one stood out above the others. All had to do with the same subject though. It's something so dear to my heart.

Scripture: Exodus 20:8-11 (The Fourth Commandment)

8 "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates. 11 For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy."

Observation: God is setting the standard for His day of rest. He is making it one of His laws.

Application: I truly believe in the keeping of the Sabbath. This commandment stuck with me so strongly since childhood that it made finding the right church quite difficult for me. God said "Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy" and that is what I need to do.

Prayer: Father in Heaven, Thank you so very much for giving us the Sabbath. An entire day each week to honor and glorify you. Please help me to remember to keep your Sabbath day holy. Help me to set a good example to the children in my life, so that they may honor and glorify you too.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP