First Day of the Year!

>> Friday, January 1, 2010

So my first day of the year was relatively good and uneventful overall.

BFF, her DH, my XH and I stayed up with BFF's DS's until after midnight. The boys then went to bed. The adults stayed up a bit longer reminiscing about life. We finally went to bed WAY too late. LOL

We got up a little before 8 this morning and made our coffee, finished packing up XH's stuff and got Bug and Peanut ready to head out the door. We had to take their Daddy (XH) to the airport to go home. It's been a pleasant visit really, but it was over, and it was time. Fortunately, despite some earlier weather reports, we had smooth sailing the whole way!

We dropped him off and then headed for a potty break for the girls. After a little over an hour in the car I figured they needed a break. We found a KMart and decided to go there. The girls were glad! We walked around a little, bought a couple small things, and headed back out.

Our next stop was IKEA. BFF wanted to go there, she neglected to tell me it was the biggest sale of the year!!! WOWSERS. We had to park at the farthest end of the parking garage!! We wandered a little, looked at bed options for expanding from 2 to 4 beds in the girls room (probably going to find a way to trundle the existing beds). We found a couple of items we needed, voted AGAINST the cafe (WAY crowded) and headed downstairs). We paid for our treasures and then go a quick hot dog lunch which Bug chowed down on in record speed. While we were eating, BFF's DH sent us a pic of the now collapsed bookshelf at home. OH NO! So we headed back into IKEA to look for a book shelf. No Luck, but we found a new set of drawers for the girls!

We then headed home. We had our special New Year's dinner: Corned Beef, Cabbage, Potatoes, and Black Eyed Peas. I know the Cabbage is for wealth, the BEP's for good luck, but I'm not sure about the rest, other than YUM!

Tonight while I was finishing up another blog, Peanut comes downstairs, now mind you, this is about 3-4 hours after they went to bed. She looks at me and says "Good Morning Mommy." I about fell out of my chair!!! LOL After a few questions with her, BFF and I take her upstairs, give her some cough medicine (she is slightly sick) and help her back into bed. I think she was pretty out of it. She didn't really know what time it was AT ALL. LOL

Well, I hope you all had fun, safe, and uneventful starts to your year as well!!

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP