Reading Challenge Book Reviews February 21, 2010-February 27, 2010

>> Saturday, February 27, 2010

Summer, by Karen Kingsbury:
100+ Books (7/100), Support Your Local Library (4/50), New To Me Christian Author (2/20)

My BFF had borrowed this series from the Library, and although she LOVED it, I had no plans to read it. I had a list of my own books that I wanted to get through and I didn't feel that they fit in my "plan." But then one day I needed something a little lighter to read. She had just finished THIS book, which is actually the second in the series, and she suggested I read it. I'm glad I did. I am now in the middle of the third book, and I am going to get the first book from the library this week, and will have to either get the fourth book by special order from another library or buy it because for some reason this library does NOT have it.

This book is about the Baxter family and their challenges. A large part of the story revolves around Ashley who is pregnant. Her ultrasound reveals that her baby has a fatal birth defect. She does not want to believe it and prays for a miracle. She also asks her family to pray for a miracle in the form of a misdiagnosis or a miracle healing. She is advised by her well meaning sister to have an abortion, as her unborn child would have a life of no more than a few hours. Ashley refuses and it causes a great rift. Over time Ashley's child's condition is re-confirmed and she comes to accept the diagnosis. Her child is born and...

Sorry, I NEVER reveal the ending!!

IN PROGRESS:
-Someday, by Karen Kingsbury
-Soldier Dead
-The Bible


0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP