Post Crossing: waiting on postcards

>> Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Well, my 5 postcards have been on their way for a few days now. I dropped them in the mail box on Sunday. Each postcard cost me $0.45. The postage for each international one was a whopping $0.98!!!! OUCH. But this is so worth it! I've asked BFF to consider letting me sign up her oldest three children if I pay for the costs, to help benefit their homeschooling in a real world way. I can see real potential for geography and world studies through this. Amazing how much one little postcard can do...

Where is the country on the map?
How far is it from here?
What continent is it on?
What other countries are around it?
What is the commonly spoken language?
Identify the country flag.
Depending on the postcard, do some simple research about the subject of the postcard and write or give a report on it.

And they could give the recipient of their post cards a trivia fact about OUR area, teaching them new things about the place they live in.

I offered to foot the bill for up to one post card PER WEEK PER CHILD. For now this is three post cards a week on top of my own. :) I'm a little nuts. :) It's for a good cause!!!

Okay, off to do some reading and eagerly await some post cards!!!

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP