B90, Day 4: Find the good in the bad

>> Thursday, July 8, 2010

Scripture: Genesis 45:4,5

4 Then Joseph said to his brothers, "Come close to me." When they had done so, he said, "I am your brother Joseph, the one you sold into Egypt! 5 And now, do not be distressed and do not be angry with yourselves for selling me here, because it was to save lives that God sent me ahead of you.

Observation: Joseph's brothers find him in Egypt and are afraid he is going to be angry because they sold him into slavery. But Joseph tells them not to be.

Application: Joseph found the good out of the bad. By being sold into Egyptian slavery, and following God's will, he was able to provide for many people, including his own family, and save lives during a time of famine.

How great it would be if I could learn to apply this better in my own life!! Things aren't always going to be good. That is a plain and simple fact. But if I follow God's will, and learn to look for the good in a situation, maybe I can improve my own outlook.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, You provide me with such amazing tools to learn by. Whatever the situation in my life, I need to learn to look for the good in it. I know it will lead to a happier life for myself and those around me. Thank you for helping open my eyes.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP