B90, Day 9: Guard your heart against revenge and holding grudges

>> Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Leviticus is a book of rules. Of how to remain holy to God. How to say clean to God and please Him. It is a very difficult standard to live up to, that required numerous sacrifices, for even the slightest of sins. Many of the rules were quite logical, but it's the degree to which they were kept that is amazing.

Scripture: Leviticus 19:18

18 " 'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.

Observation: God is pretty blatant about this one. Do not seek revenge or hold a grudge. Love your neighbor.

Application: We all make mistakes. And sometimes those mistakes hurt the people around us. And that can lead to negative thoughts and actions. But where does that really get us? More negativity. More upset. If we forgive our friends, our "neighbors" for hurt they cause us, and love them instead, we stop the vicious cycle.

God didn't want His people fighting then. I doubt he wants us fighting now. This is one rule that I'm pretty sure still applies and I'll continue to work to be sure I'm doing my best to obey.

Prayer: Dearest Father, Thank you for making your rules so clear to us. And for giving me the insight to see how they apply to me today. Help me avoid negativity and keep my heart clear of revenge and grudges.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP