B90, Day 11: Water from a rock, Why do we continue to doubt God?

>> Thursday, July 15, 2010

Scripture: Numbers 20:9-11

9 So Moses took the staff from the LORD's presence, just as he commanded him. 10 He and Aaron gathered the assembly together in front of the rock and Moses said to them, "Listen, you rebels, must we bring you water out of this rock?" 11 Then Moses raised his arm and struck the rock twice with his staff. Water gushed out, and the community and their livestock drank.

Observation: The Israelites continue to doubt God's intent. They believe he has had Moses lead them into the desert to die. So they complain about the lack of water. And God is forced to show them His power by making water come from a rock.

Application: We are predictable. We are doubters. We have been since the earliest of times. I know I am guilty of this. In some ways the better things are going, the more doubtful I get. Why? Why do I keep asking God for more? For another miracle? That's what the Israelites did. They doubted and demanded more. When will I learn? God is more patient than I am, fortunately! No matter how much I doubt, He's there. He's working on me too. I've been doubting less often. But I doubt stronger when I do. My emotions are a roller coaster. But I have a great God that won't let me fall, and wonderful friends who stand by my side here on Earth and help build me up. They help me learn to doubt less too. God works in mysterious ways.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, Thank you. For helping me see that doubting does me little good and for giving me such wonderful friends to help me get through. Thank you for putting just exactly the right people in my life. With their help I really have realized that doubting is a waste. I know I am still a huge work in progress. But I know you aren't and never will give up on me.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP