B90, Day 7: Rest on Sabbath

>> Sunday, July 11, 2010

Scripture: Exodus 34:21

21 "Six days you shall labor, but on the seventh day you shall rest; even during the plowing season and harvest you must rest.

Observation: God is setting out clear rules about Sabbath. No work! Even during harvest season. It can wait a day.

Application: Sabbath is a holy day, God's day. Yes we can pray and study any day, but we have other responsibilities that must sometimes take the forefront of our mind. God set the Sabbath aside right from creation as a day that was meant to be different. A day to let us concentrate on Him. He shows it several times in Genesis and Exodus, but I especially like this verse. Even during the harvest, God expects His people to cease their labor on Sabbath!

And so shall I. I have set aside Sabbath as God's day. I'm going to work on making a bigger effort to be prepared for Sabbath by sundown on Friday's so I am doing less work on Sabbath.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, Thank you for giving us your wonderful word and setting aside one day a week for us to worship and glorify you. Please help me to work on being more prepared prior to Sabbath. You know the struggles I have had with Sabbath, and why I want this.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP