Bug understands the library concept!

>> Thursday, July 29, 2010

So today, BFF asked me if I wanted to drive her to the Library to take her test.

(Explanation: BFF does online college through a REAL land based university in another state most of the way across the country, this uni requires her tests to be proctored, and our local Library provides this service for her!)

She wanted me to drive her so she could study a little more. I asked her if she had my book to return to the Library, and ran to grab my other things to take to read my Bible and book while she tested for an hour or more.

When I was in the office grabbing my stuff, Bug came in and grabbed the "girls" library books that I'd borrowed earlier in the week. She followed me back to the living room and tries to give them to me. She tells me "Mommy, get other books please." You could have knocked me over with a feather!!! She got the concept that the books are NOT hers, they are borrowed, and to get NEW books, those go BACK first!!!

She got a little upset when I told her no, that we hadn't had them very long and everyone wanted to read them still. But then I convinced her to read to her stuffed doggy and promised that next week on Monday, when Aunt "BFF" goes to the Library again, she would get new books for them. :) She seemed satisfied by this.

I just love that my baby girl is already showing a love for books and the library.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP