Ricotta Cheese Cookies

>> Tuesday, December 15, 2009

This recipe comes courtesy of one of my old neighbors who is an awesome friend. KG will be her name (unless she outs herself, cuz if you've been reading my blog for any time you know I don't use real names!!!!) I LOVED LOVED LOVED these cookies when she made them for me several Christmases ago. This year she has shared several of her recipes with me and granted me permission to share them with my blogging world! :) ENJOY!!!

Ricotta Cheese Cookies

Ingredients
1/2 pound butter
1 3/4 cups white sugar
2 eggs
15 ounces ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda

Icing:
5 tablespoons milk
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 cup colored candy sprinkles

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, cream together butter, sugar, eggs, ricotta cheese, and vanilla extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda; blend into the creamed mixture, mixing in additional flour as necessary to form a workable dough. Drop dough into teaspoon-sized balls, on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned.

In a medium bowl, beat milk, confectioners' sugar, and almond extract until smooth. Spoon over warm cookies, and sprinkle with colored candy sprinkles.


0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP