Sick baby update

>> Friday, December 4, 2009

So after nearly 48 hours of a lethargic and feverish Bug, BFF made the decision that she needed to go to the doctor. Since she was home with her while I was at work, and she could see how she was feeling at that time, I support her decision to call for an appointment. She called me shortly after making the appointment to tell me when it was. I had to leave work early for it, but my daughter will always come first.

We saw one of the nurse practitioners today. I liked her very much. She understood and agreed with why BFF and I chose to NOT give tylenol today. We wanted to try and let her body fight it off. But with the weekend coming and her being my epileptic child, I knew I just couldn't risk it any longer.

The final call was a virus. NOT flu as she has NO symptoms of flu beyond the fever. A strep culture was done as a precaution though her throat looked fine. The NP gave us the go ahead to go to the Children's Hospital laboratory for her regular blood draw. She has to have blood draws on a regular basis for liver function, CBC's, and other things to make sure her medicine for her seizure's isn't harming her. I'd put it off because of the fever. And while we were headed over anyway, the NP added a urinalysis to rule out a UTI. That was the easy part.

Bug had a 102.9 Fever in the doctor's office. But she is fine now. She is playing with the girls and enjoying herself after some pizza. I am sure she will be back to lethargic and feverish in a few more hours, but I am enjoying this while I can. :)

Thank you for your prayers, please continue to pray for her. If it gets too high again we will be heading for the Children's Hospital ER.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP