Some updates

>> Monday, December 28, 2009

I have spent a good portion of this morning going through old blogs and putting labels on all the old posts. As BFF lost a piece of information yesterday and had to search through her blog the HARD way because she had done SOME labeling but as many of us do, had not totally labeled her blogs. So she had to go through and find the blog in question. She mentioned that she needs to go through and label her blogs so this doesn't happen again. It made me think, most of my blogs are unlabeled as well. So that is what I have spent probably 2 hours doing this morning. (In between breaking up little fights with the kids, taking care of them, getting coffee, etc. LOL)

I also wrote one update during this, it is the post immediately prior (I suppose following this LOL) to this one about Bug's speech/hearing. I felt it was very pertinent as I read that prior post. I did also post one embedded edit into a prior post, it's one that I felt was better to put as a retrospective edit that looking back that was a powerful day.

But most importantly there were some little things that I jotted down to write about in a new post.

One post I wrote some months back What do you want to do with your life? needs a bit of an update. In it I was excited to move on to learning to do cakes and possibly turn this into something more. I did begin the Wilton courses as you can see from several of my subsequent posts over the following months. I completed courses 1 and 2. I did quite well. I enjoyed it quite a bit. And I discovered that although I enjoy doing it as a hobby and enjoy having the more advanced skills of having taken the classes, I do NOT want it as a career.

I ended up spending SIGNIFICANTLY more money for the classes than anticipated. And although it WAS fun, it was also frustrating. My work schedule made it quite difficult at times to concentrate because I'd end up going straight from work to class. I'd be tired, sometimes aching from scanning groceries all day. I just realized toward the end of the second class it was NOT for me. I did not sign up for class three, and I've had no regrets about it.

I enjoy baking cakes for church, our family, and when asked, for friends. BFF and I still do mostly vegan cakes, it has become our specialty sort of. People at church who are having parties for their children who are NOT vegan and are ordering a big non-vegan cake and are inviting us and any vegan guests will ask us to do a smaller cake for BFF's children (due to the allergies, not because we are vegan. Most store cakes involve a LOT of soy) and any vegan's in attendance.

Another factor in that post was why I did NOT want to go back into the medical field. The fact is, the more I think about the more I realized how much I miss it. I really enjoyed being an EMT, and I really wanted to go on and be a Paramedic. So I am now planning to go back. I really WANT to go back this spring, but for personal and financial reasons I don't think it's going to happen. But hopefully by summer the financial side will be worked out, as well as the personal.

Another thing I wanted to update on... In this post: So much to update on I had said I wanted to be more minimalist. NOT that I wanted to get rid of everything, or be one of those people with only 100 personal possessions. Just that I wanted to purchase less, be more cautious about WHAT I purchased so that I could purchase NICER things, etc. Well, I have been trying to do that to an extent. Although I am still sticking for the most part to my rules about shopping (most items on sale, etc.). But due to my weight loss, I've had to buy a LOT of clothes lately, especially pants. I've actually been able to get BACK into some pants I haven't been able to wear in YEARS, so that is great. But the fact is, the time has come for a purge. I have GOT to go through the closet, the drawers, etc. Sort out what fits, what doesn't, and what has no hope of ever fitting. Some of my things that don't fit, BFF will fit now or soon. (I'm only a size or 2 smaller than her and we've both been losing weight). But there are distinct body differences between us, so some things will NEVER fit her. Those things need to go.

I need to do this same purge with the girls toys. I have multiple boxes of toys and animals in the garage that they haven't played with in MONTHS. MOST of them can be sold. They have plenty of toys inside. Most of the toys in the boxes in the garage they have "aged" out of anyway, since they are primarily rated for 18-24 months!! So, I think that in the near future I will be doing a MASSIVE toy purge. Fortunately I do have a great twin club that I can sell many of the toys to.

I am in the process of setting some goals for 2010. I will make a separate post for them, one that will post on January 1st. So yes, you will have to wait!! LOL I don't believe in setting resolutions for the year. I don't like them, I think that it sets me up for disappointment. I prefer to have goals. Because I do not feel as much sense of failure or disappointment in myself if I do not succeed. I know to most people it is a matter of semantics. But it matters to me.

So what sort of goals can you expect to see on my list?? No, I won't be totally mean and make you wait. What you will NOT see is "I will lose 20 pounds" or "I will work out 2 hours every day" or anything like that. I have in mind some spiritual goals, some physical/fitness goals, educational goals, employment goals, financial goals, and parenting goals. None are set in stone, none are make it or break it, none will make me feel like a failure if by December 31, 2010 I have NOT completed them. A goal is just a guideline, something to aim for. I will NOT tie my self esteem or self worth to it!

I will try to blog a bit in the next few days if time permits, otherwise, look for my 2010 Goals on January 1, 2010!!! :)


1 comments:

Unknown December 29, 2009 at 3:41 PM  

Hey chickie,

What a great update post! I'm glad things are going so well for you and the girls these days. It sounds like your Christmas was just lovely. I am so happy for you to have had all that snow too!!

Have a great rest of the day!!
Love,
Mary

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP