School, Saints, and parents on the road...

>> Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I am trying to figure out what my best course of action is for school... I had found a GREAT program that would allow me to complete my EMT program in just 3 weeks. Now, as a former EMT I NORMALLY would NOT recommend this to ANYONE. However, I don't consider myself normal. I worked as an EMT in a civilian setting for 5 years, and then another year in the Army. I have taken this EXACT course (EMT-B) THREE TIMES already, and never scored less than an A in the class. So, I spoke to my EMT and paramedic friends and asked for their opinions and all of them told me the same thing, go for it, it'll be nothing but review for you. Only one minor problem. I need pretty much $1000 before Christmas to attend that program. As of right now, I have a grand total of $125. I could sacrifice my entire January child support, but I won't receive it until December 31st. It may be too late. And it will still leave me a little short.

Then there is a bigger concern. Sometimes I forget that I am NOT a 20 something, single woman anymore. I am a 31 year old single MOTHER. I HAVE to factor my children into this. Much as I want to do the extremely short class, it may not be the best option for my daughters. I would be in school a little over 40 hours a week for three weeks straight, and on top of that there would be at home studying, and at least one shift a week at work. When would I see my babies??? A part of me REALLY thinks the short class would be best for me, BUT, I don't know that it would be best for THEM.

The same school that has that class has some 12 week options as well, they actually cost a little less, just under $900. And are partial day classes just three days a week as opposed to all day five days a week. The downside to those classes is they are at facilities farther away, but not too much farther. There are also some tuition payment plan options with those, so if I REALLY wanted to, I could spread the payments out, basically to $100 a week.

Overall, I really like this program because their cost IS pretty much as all inclusive as it can be for the area. It covers the text, and this one even covers PART of the state testing expenses. I'll need to come up with another $225 for testing expenses by the end of the course, but that would be March. But it's okay.

The other good thing about this class is that it will be a schedule that should allow me to continue to work a schedule of 25-30 hours a week. I NEED to continue to work that kind of schedule honestly. I NEED that income for now.

Now, on to my INCREDIBLE Saints. Oh did you SEE their awesome win last night??? And they are now 11-0!!!! :) :) :) How I love my Saints.

My parents hit the road yesterday. They are driving cross country to visit my sister and I for Christmas. They stopped last night in Kingman, AZ. For their own safety I will not post their next stop. They are expected to arrive at my sister's sometime this weekend. They will be there a week or so and then they will head up here to see us for a couple weeks. The original plan was actually 2 weeks at my sisters then 2 weeks here. But they realized the entire 2 weeks they'd be at my sister's house she and her husband would be in school still, including finals week!!! SO... instead they are leaving before finals to come here and going back after Christmas for another week with her when she is out of school and they can enjoy the time a little more. I think it's a good deal for them. And it works out well for us as my ex-husband is coming to visit our daughters. So now we'll have a week with just my parents, a week with my parents and my ex (please pray for me during that week!!!!!!!!!), and then a week with just my ex (continue to pray, though for different reasons!).

It should be a BUSY BUSY month, but a good month :) I'll do my best to keep everyone posted!!

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP