Am I too competitive???

>> Saturday, November 28, 2009

It has been brought to my attention that I am too competitive...

I have been told I am incapable of letting someone else win. That if someone takes the lead I HAVE to go back and will play the game over and over til I have that lead again.

I think that is not totally true. Am I competitive, YES. Sometimes the ranks on the games bother me actually, being able to see my friends scores bother me. Mostly because it bothers THEM. I really don't LIKE the feeling of competing against my friends. I just want to beat my own score. But these darn games automatically pit me against my friends. And just when they think they have finally got ahead of me, I move past them and they accuse me of being too competitive and having to win.

It hurts sometimes. I just want to play my best, I want to improve, be better than I was the time before. But all it does is hurt my friends. Sometimes I wish they didn't show me these fun games to play, because I feel like it just ends up hurting them, and me.

So to my friends, I'm sorry. If it's really bothering you that much, please tell me so I can stop playing those games that automatically rank us.

2 comments:

Anonymous November 28, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

You are only too competitive when you "have" to beat someone else score because it is higher than yours.

Nique November 29, 2009 at 7:02 AM  

But that is my whole point. I don't want to see the scores in the first place. I don't want to play against anyone else. I just want to play against myself. And sometimes people mistake my need to beat MY OWN SCORE as a need to beat THEIR score.

Sometimes I do want to beat someone else's score, I like a challenge. But lately, I feel like I can't even play any games that have scores because I'll be accused of being too competitive. I just want to PLAY.

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP