New layout!

>> Friday, July 10, 2009

Well, I have a new blog layout, let me know what you think of it.

Job A caused me a bit of stress the other day. Our newly promoted Assistant Store Manager came out of the office and barked at all of us that we needed to cut the chatter to get the work done. It upset me because bluntly, we CAN talk and work. We open packages of clothes and put them on either a hanging rack or folding rack. We are in close quarters and we're almost exclusively female. But we all quieted down and worked. "New Girl" (NG) and I were working together and really, we were busting it out. We went through 20 boxes in 20 minutes. This is no small feat. We unload the box, open the packaging, sort, and size the clothing. There's usually 25-50 items per box, we were FLYING through these boxes at warp speed. But it was all for naught as we got a "group" lecture after the shift that we (summarized) hadn't gotten it done (NG and I got OUR assignment done) and that since we talk too much and the music OBVIOUSLY distracts us, we will no longer be allowed to have music and if we talk we will be given verbal warnings. *sigh* I was pretty upset about it. I truly feel that a formerly nice, fun, "cool" manager got promoted and is now trying to "prove" that she's worthy. And she took it out on our team.

I decided that in regards to this situation I'm just going to keep doing my job. I KNOW I was doing my job properly and plenty fast enough. And so I will just keep doing it. Most of the time they give me only ONE shift per week anyway. As long as I have one shift per month, I keep my discount. In MANY respects, that discount is the ONLY reason I continue to work there. I buy clothes for the WHOLE family there. And 25% off is a NICE chunk to be relieved of. As I said in my previous blog, I am trying to start being more minimalist. I try to not buy too much new clothing, but the fact is, we have to buy some sometimes. So I need to keep this job so I keep the discount. If it truly becomes an unbearable environment I will leave there will full 2 weeks notice. This way I could still re-hire with the company when we move.

One of the supervisors from Job A called yesterday late afternoon while I was at Job B. Fortunately Job B supervisor was cool since it was slow and she let me walk out and take the call. Job A sup was calling to tell me my shift this morning was canceled because the store didn't have the hours to give me. I said that was fine. Bluntly, they usually give me 5 hours a week, this week, the 2 days I've worked are already 7 1/2 hours. So I really didn't mind NOT working this morning!!! LOL

Nothing new to report on Job B really. I will go to both Jobs today to get my schedules for next week. I'm supposed to be Service Desk training at Job B. My schedule will tell me :)

My cake class started on Wednesday night. Although this class kinda was boring, because the students had nothing to do. But we are to bring a cake to class this week to work on. YAY

BFF's DS1 has a birthday this Monday, and BFF is going to have me do the cake. She's going to help me, so it'll be fine! LOL I'm excited about that cake, a NASCAR themed cake for him. And my class cake will be a picture transfer thingy, I'll explain the details on the HOW later! I have a VERY dear friend of mine emailing me the picture today for my transfer. I LOVE this image so much that it's been tattoo'd on my back for the last 6+ years!!! LOL But I don't have a good drawing of it to use for the cake, so she's sending it to me. She designed it! LOL

Anyway, this week is another baptism at church, and I'm looking forward to it. :)

Well, we have a lot to do this afternoon. Hopefully BFF can go get her contacts today, I need to get both my work schedules, and we need to go buy one more thing for the cakes. well, hopefully only one more LOL. I'm seriously debating buying a pair of jeans at work, because I have an employee's only coupon for any pair for $19 PLUS our employee discount of 25%. This brings my total down to $14.25. A pair runs between $29.50 and $34.50 making this at LEAST 50% off in the end. I don't NEED more jeans, especially in my current sizes. I'm considering buying a pair the next size down though. It's a risk, but I AM losing weight, so I will fit them eventually! LOL

OFF I go to do stuff!

2 comments:

Anonymous July 15, 2009 at 3:30 PM  

While it's fresh on my mind: I went to a nutrition class today and you should DEF buy the next size down. (1) to reward yourself for your current weight loss [whether you've met your goal yet or not] and (2) to have a TANGIBLE goal: to actually get into them. Plus, it's a good deal, and you deserve it. I like your new layout much better! It's beautiful. And as for the manager, you should politely bring it to her attention that if there's an issue in a particular "department" that it should be directed towards them, and not towards the group as a whole, especially since yall worked so hard!

Nique July 15, 2009 at 3:48 PM  

I didn't get the jeans before the coupon ran out, but that's okay, I know I would have been totally justified. And I LOVE this new layout :) :) :) More me than the other!

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP