Desk training and cake class.

>> Thursday, July 16, 2009

I had a great time yesterday.

I did my first training shift on the service desk yesterday. I was working with someone I like pretty well, and she did a good job showing me around the service desk. The lottery machine LOOKS intimidating, but it's easier than I expected. The Western Union is harder than one would think. LOL Answering the phones is tedious. People want to tell you your life story :) And then there is the customer who just WILL NOT LISTEN to what you're saying.

A gentleman was apparently given some incorrect information the day prior about one of our sale items being on the 3 day sale. It was actually NOT, it was a regular weekly sale item. Well, of course, the tag on the shelf shows the sale price!! He's basically getting irate with us before he even gave us a chance to speak. He's going on and on that his wife used to be a manager in a grocery store and she says we HAVE to honor the tag on the shelf and the tag is still there. I'm TRYING to show him that the flier SHOWS the item is on the regular sale, NOT the 3 day, but he doesn't care to listen or look. Finally my co-worker told the gentleman that he was getting too worked up and he needed to calm down and listen. He was INSISTENT that she come out and LOOK at the sign. She finally gave in and went with him, pointed out the date on tag. She said he never apologized or anything. *sigh*

I think I will enjoy the service desk. :)

I had my 2nd cake class last night. We did piping gel transfer images and then star tipped the designs. I'm NOT a fan of star tipping. I don't like how it looks. BUT, it was what we were doing. I chose to do a transfer of one of my tattoos. I really love this image. However it's TOO detailed for a star tipping design. So I modified it in the transfer process. I am still pretty happy with how it turned out :) And for your viewing pleasure...



I cannot WAIT to eat it though!! It is a mango cake with a pineapple filling, and homemade buttercreme frosting. YUM!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous July 19, 2009 at 8:02 PM  

Your cake looks and sounds delicious! I wish I had the capability and talent to do that! I'm glad you got into this. I can live vicariously through you.

Nique July 19, 2009 at 8:39 PM  

Thanks :) :)

Come and visit and I'll make ya the cake of your choosing :) hehe

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP