Auntie arrives and Cake 2

>> Thursday, July 23, 2009

Well, yesterday was a full day for us!

BFF dropped me off at work and headed to the airport to pick up my sister who was arriving. I was a bit upset that I couldn't go to the airport, but that is my own fault. I didn't get my time off request in soon enough.

I got to fly solo at work for a while, at the service desk! I had no problems. :) Work was, well, work. LOL BFF and sister came with all 7 kids for my break. That was a nice treat. And then they did some quick grocery shopping and went home.

BFF and sister then picked me up from work to take me to cake class. Other than forgetting my change of clothes, we were good to go. We stopped at North End Treats for a slice of pizza and off to Micheal's for my 3rd cake class.

We were doing clowns, shell borders, star flowers, swirl flowers and roses. Let me start by saying... The clown bodies are cute, but the heads are UGLY!!! I have dreaded making these clowns because of their heads. But I want to learn and it is a part of the learning process. So here is my poor clown...



I think those heads are just plain scary! LOL

I did my shell border in white because I just was not wanting to mix colors LOL. The pink and blue of my clown were colors I already had and I just added a little more white icing to the batch to lighten it and give me enough to work with.

The star flowers and swirl flowers are in pink on my cake. I like them pretty well but need to work on them more. For the roses I decided to mix up some color. I did a light lavender, but I didn't FULLY mix it. I left it slightly unmixed to give it a purposely mottled color. I liked how it turned out, though it's pretty much impossible to see in my picture! LOL I think it actually has a very natural look to it.



The cake itself is a modified vegan lemon cake, with buttercream filling and frosting. YUM YUM Can't wait to cut into it today! LOL

1 comments:

Anonymous July 23, 2009 at 6:50 PM  

The flowers are beautiful, and the clown is pretty awesome! You're catching on pretty quick, I'd say. You're right...I'm not so big on the clown head. Lemon cake sounds DELICIOUS.

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP