Migraines, Sports Cars, Seminar

>> Saturday, October 17, 2009

BFF and I both awoke with pounding migraines this morning. I brought her meds but then was crying to hard to go back and get my own. She tried a foot massage/reflexology on me which reduced my headache enough to get the meds, but it never fully went away. Her's NEVER really went away, and she slammed it with all her meds. And she HATES meds.

Her DH had a headache too, which really inclines me to believe that weather played a role in it.

Needless to say, we missed church. :( But NOTHING was keeping us from Seminar tonight! We did make it and I was glad, it was VERY interesting learning about prophecies from Daniel and Revelation.

BFF's brother's car arrived today. He had it shipped to her from across the country. I had honestly never considered having a car shipped, figured the cost would be outrageous. But after hearing what he paid, I may end up just paying to have my car shipped here when I get it from my ex. When it is paid off I get the car and I am responsible for getting it. Well, it may cost me less to SHIP IT than to take 3-5 days off work, fly down there, pay for the gas, food, and hotel to drive it back here. UGH. Pay someone to do what I don't want to, and I keep working those days! LOL

Anyway, I really could have cared less about this car. The plan has been for BFF's DH to use it as his car is really not in the greatest shape and her brother's car gets better gas mileage. The benefit to me is that I would basically "inherit" her DH's car. My drive to work is only 6 miles so the not as good condition of the car is a lesser concern for me. Especially since I should have MY car sometime in the next 6 months.

BUT... then BFF tells me, "I think that it's a stick shift." WOAH... STOP THE PRESSES... did you just say stick shift??? I LOVE stick shift cars. Learned to drive in one, only drove sticks until I finally got the car my ex currently is in possession of. We confirmed with her DH who was at the car at that moment and I suddenly wanted to go for a drive!

Finally a few hours later we had reason to go. I have not driven a stick shift car since April of 2004. Yet I got behind the wheel and was able to not grind a single gear or stall out even ONE TIME all day or night!!!!! I LOVE THAT CAR!!! :) :) :)

Seriously... BFF's DH might have to fight me for it. LOL

BTW, mom and dad if you're reading this blog, lemme just thank you again for teaching me to drive a standard!!!!! :) :) :) :) I LOVE ME MY STICK SHIFT CARS!!!

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP