EEG, Prophecy Seminar and Blanket Cutting

>> Saturday, October 17, 2009

Well, yesterday was a BUSYYYYYYYYYY day for our "family" :) But one that in the end brought great joy to us I believe.

I had to work fairly early, as did BFF's DH. He woke me up fairly early to tell me it was SNOWING! Yes, October 16th folks. We had snow falling on OCTOBER SIXTEENTH!!!

Fortunately it didn't stick to the ground but still.

Work was busy, but relatively decent.

Bug and BFF went to get Bug hooked up for her 48 hour ambulatory EEG. She is hooked up to EEG monitoring all weekend long. The wires are literally glued to her head and then a stocking cap is taped to her head and it trails to her little giraffe backpack (she got to pick out the animal). The stocking protects the wires. Inside the backpack is the machine that houses the monitor. We basically do nothing other than make sure she doesn't smack it around too much or take wires off, unless we see her having a seizure. If she's having a seizure we are supposed to press the button on the monitor and record why we pressed it on her log. So far we've pressed the button once. I feel in my gut she's having more seizures than this. But today was a bad day for me and BFF as we both woke with migraines. The girls were being watched by BFF's DH mostly. Oh well. If she has them, they will catch them anyway.

Bug is handling the equipment very well, but it will still be a welcome relief to me to see if all taken off on Monday.

Last night was the first night of our church's Prophecy Seminar. It will run for a few weeks and is five nights a week. I believe I'll be able to make it at least 4 out of the 5 nights a week. I'm really excited for it. I previously felt I couldn't attend any of the series like this because of work. but this time I can. And they are running a children's program too.

After Seminar, BFF and I went to a fellow twin mom's home to assist with the prep work for the twin club's philanthropic project, making fleece tie blankets for the local NICU's. We helped match, trim, and pre-cut the blankets, so that at our next general meeting the members can tie them. Lots of fun for a small group of us. :)

It was a BUSY and late night. But very fulfilling day!

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP