EEG and an appointment at Children's

>> Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I had made a decision that I was no longer going to blog about this situation with Bug, or post Facebook statuses about it. But after much thought and prayer I decided that I was not going to let anyone's words or actions prevent me from telling my friends, and strangers who might need to know they aren't alone, what is going on.

Children's Hospital neurology called yesterday, and the woman I spoke to initially was so kind and wonderful. She asked me to tell her what was going on, and when I said it was kinda long she told me to take my time. So I did. And she said it definitely sounds like Bug is having seizures and they'd like to see her. She said their scheduler would call me back. I gave her BFF's name and phone number in case it was after I went to work.

They called me back, as I was about to walk out the door for work. LOL I scheduled her appointment for Friday, when I'm supposed to be at work. And got the necessary information, or so I thought, and walked out the door. I got to work and told my manager about the appointment and she was very gracious about it and it will not be an issue that I am missing the time. I will just get there as quickly as I can.

BFF took care of sending medical records and sending off the referral information to the pediatricians office. Somehow in all the rush of everything we totally forgot to get the name of the doctor she would be seeing! So the wonderful gal at the pediatrician's office couldn't process the referral. LOL

So I worked the rest of my shift, it was rough, I was prone to crying because I've reached that point where I am just out of control. Something is wrong with my little girl, and while now, TODAY, I realize we are on the path to answers, and with the GREATEST doctors we can get, last night, it was hard to see that. And I just felt totally out of control and upset and yeah... So I got through my shift, came home, had some DELICIOUS cheesy lasagna, and decided to hop in the shower.

Now once upon a time I took HOT showers, but living with 10 people you learn not to, because when you are the LAST person you want to be able to take at least a warm shower so you take less than hot showers when you're the first LOL. So I was taking a warm shower, really just saving the hot water for the end. But less than halfway through my shower, with body parts left to shave and conditioner still in my hair, the water ran ICE COLD, and I mean I saw penguins in my tub cold!!!!

It was the last straw. I started bawling in the tub, shut the water off, sat down soapy and cold, and cried for a good 10 minutes or more. And then hoped that the water might be lukewarm so I could finish shaving and rinse my hair. Nope, still penguin cold. *sigh* BFF's DH later checked the water and it was STILL ice cold, maintenance is coming to check on our hot water heater today. :)

So first thing this morning I called the clinic back and asked for her doctors name and emailed it to the pediatrician's office for the referral. And then was told Bug needs a sleep deprived EEG before her appointment on Friday. And all the appointment options were during my work shifts. I took the one that seemed the least intrusive though and immediately called my manager and told her and she said don't worry about it. LOVING MY MANAGER!!!!! :) :)

Now the GREAT thing is HOW EXACTLY do you sleep deprive a 3 1/2 year old for a NOON EEG?? Well, ya wake her up at 3 am. BUT, this results in a sleep deprived MOMMY too. Well, make that 2 sleep deprived mommy's, since BFF has offered to get up with me to help me out. I LOVE MY BFF!!! :) :) And my other good friend Tink is getting coffee detail! LOL She rocks and knows children's pretty well too. I may still ask her to go with me on Friday, but I want to be a "big mommy" and do it myself LOL

I'm still hopeful for answers. I have asked all my friends to pray for Bug and for me, and the doctors too. I am sincerely hoping we get some answers SOON.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP