Another stressful day.

>> Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Today was the day the girls had their appointments at ophthalmology. Both were being seen for possible lazy eye though really Bug's was just a precaution. It was very unlikely she had it. The good news is, she was given a "clean" bill of eye health with nearly perfect vision in both eyes.

The BAD news is that Peanut was given a very very different outcome. She has lazy eye, much worse than I had thought. It is in BOTH eyes, and needs correction quickly. It is very pronounced. Her vision itself is not overly bad... yet. Though one of her eyes is nearly as bad as one of mine!!! The doctor gave me a prescription for glasses. The hope is that the glasses will correct the lazy eye(s) sufficiently that minimal further treatment is required. She will go back in 2 months to be seen again and see how she is doing with the glasses. If the glasses are not helping the next option is surgery. I was expecting the glasses to an extent, but not to be told possibly surgery!!!! Patching, not surgery!!!

To make it worse, our insurance coverage for glasses is minimal and we've found it better to just find a good deal on children's glasses than to deal with the co-pay's etc to USE the insurance. SO... While I was at work BFF took Peanut and her Duck (who also has the same problem though not quite as severe fortunately) to look at glasses. They picked out some nice glasses. My little Peanut will be sporting some cute pink specs in a week. She is quite excited about them apparently. I really hope it helps. :)

Financially, this is draining me more than anyone can imagine. I need to find a money tree and fast!!! NUMEROUS trips to numerous doctors, parking, prescriptions, medic alert bracelets for tiny wrists, glasses... I don't know what will come next and bluntly I'm SCARED TO FIND OUT. But... as my facebook status currently says, I am practicing faith building exercises while praying for money for glasses for Savannah, medic alert bracelet for Elisabeth, and numerous other medical expenses associated with their new found medical conditions. I WILL HAVE FAITH THAT GOD WILL PROVIDE!!

And I will. Because I know that God will provide for us. :)

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP