I'm a blog geek...

>> Sunday, October 4, 2009

Yes, I'm a total blog geek. I changed my blog's background because it's fall and the pretty pink and green flowery background was just too SPRING for this time of year. But this new background was just TOO CUTE anyway. Isn't the owl just so adorable? I'm not normally an owl person. This one was just cute though.

So anyway, a brief moment of cuteness thrown into my otherwise pretty crazy and sorta scary world right now.

Please continue to pray for us. We had movie night last night. In honor of BFF's DS3 being declared NOT allergic to milk, we bought some soy free chocolate candy last night. The girls were all asleep last night though. So they are rewatching the movie and we let the girls each have ONE mini candy (Halloween bags of candy so mini pieces ya know?). Bug comes in here not five minutes later and she is pale and flushed and sweating and doesn't look good and says she doesn't feel good and yeah... You could tell she was having a sugar reaction. CLASSIC hypoglycemic symptoms. From ONE mini piece of candy. *sigh*

So I held her and watched her until she seemed to be doing better. I happened to have my stethoscope downstairs and listened to her heart. It had been mentioned when she was younger that she MIGHT have a heart murmur. It seemed to come and go though, and I remember reading once that sometimes in infants it's just that as they are growing that the heart isn't keeping up basically and that happens. I remember her one pediatrician saying if she heard it again at the next well baby we'd send her in for an ECHO. But then it was gone. Well, delicious as military record keeping is, it wasn't CLEAR that she HAD NOT had the ECHO done, and her NEW pediatrician thought she HAD and that the murmur had been declared present and functional. And therefore said nothing to me about the fact that she heard it at the physical.

But the pedi who saw her Friday DID say something about her ECHO being clean and I said she never had an ECHO. And the pedi was stunned and I explained everything and when she listened she said she could definitely hear the murmur but TRULY feels it's a functional murmur and nothing to worry about as she exhibits no signs of a child with cardiac issues. I THINK I agree, unless all this other testing turns up no good answers. But I took advantage of having my stethoscope right here and listened to her heart. WOW MURMUR!!!! I knew basically what a murmur should sound like, but had never heard a real one. But her's is real audible with a good stethoscope. Classic sounds like I was taught, the thub thub of her heart beat with an underlying echo. WOW. I turned over the earbuds to BFF and had her listen and she could totally hear it too! It really was cool in a way!!! LOL

Anyway, back to my point, please continue to pray for my baby girl. Both girls go to the dentist tomorrow morning and I'm hoping they do well. And enjoy my new background!!!! :)

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP