Until next time...

>> Sunday, May 31, 2009

Well, last night, after a wonderful week of sightseeing, and enjoyment, my parents had to go back home to Southern California.

We went to church in the morning. The girls SO love going to church. It's been amazing these last few months to see them growing in God. Their night is not complete without prayers to Jesus. They are repeating our prayers more and more, and even making up some of their own. They sing church songs in the car, and many time will ask when we're going to church. It makes me so pleased to see them loving God.

This was the first time my parents had gone with me since I found the Adventist church. I think Mom really enjoyed going to Sabbath School with the girls. BFF and I don't usually go into class with them anymore, for various reasons. For me, one of those reasons is that I feel it's time for the girls to start going without me right there. I stay just outside their class, so if they need me, I'm there. I figure this will continue for several more years.

After church we took a quick trip to the American Girl store. We'd been meaning all week to take my parents there to see it. This was where we brought the girls for their birthday this year and they got their babies. The girls were SO excited, carrying their own babies and eagerly showing Grandma and Grandpa the other babies.

We came home and had a quick lunch and then had to pack up to go to the airport. BFF, the girls and I accompanied my parents to the airport. We hit a little traffic on the way in, not too bad. After sending them off we set to finding the elusive El Pollo Loco. WE FOUND IT!!!! :)

We came home with our goodies and ate. Then BFF's DH and I took 2 of their DS's to see the Hannah Montana Movie. Now, I MUST confess, I AM a Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus fan. I'm not crazy, I do NOT have any posters, etc. But yes, I've been known to watch the TV show, I do own a couple of her CD's (I like the "Miley" music better btw). And I was happy to go see the movie. And it did NOT disappoint me! Well Done Miley! Well Done Disney. Beautiful movie, beautiful music, a touching story. I will be buying this one when it comes out on DVD.

This morning I am back to work, and later this week BFF's parents arrive. I am not taking time off, except for the time for BFF and her family to go to a family event out of the area. My girls and I will enjoy some quiet time at home during that. :) After her parents leave we have a one week break and then my ex-DH arrives to visit the girls. I will be back with my regularly scheduled programming now. :) LOL Well, you know how it is, I write whatever I feel like writing!

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP