Produce codes

>> Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Okay, if you've ever cashiered for a grocery store, you might understand this musing... hehehe

I am a cashier at Job B, a grocery store. One of the more tedious, yet fun, aspects of this job is learning, memorizing, the various produce codes. After all, apples and oranges don't come with a bar code to scan! LOL Well, when they are prepacked into specific weight bags they do, but that is another discussion altogether.

Anyway, I have learned many very quickly, as well as which ones require a quantity and which are by weight.

But the funniest aspect of this is that I no longer think of produce as avocado's, roma/plum tomatoes, and lemons... they are 4225's, 4087's, and 4053's. Yes, it's sick isn't it. I seriously look at a mango and go, mmmm, that 4959 looks delicious. Or oooo, the 4050's are on sale, gotta get some (cantaloupe).

Okay, so maybe I'm just weird. LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous May 20, 2009 at 7:22 PM  

LOL! You are too funny. And you write beautifully. I look forward to continually reading your blog. No slacking allowed!

Nique May 20, 2009 at 7:25 PM  

Thanks! I will do my best to not slack!!! :)

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP