Carts...

>> Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Oh me oh my... I am TIRED, and achy from work today. I got a call from Job B asking if I could arrive at noon instead of 3. I agreed, because I would get off two hours earlier than planned, BUT, get ONE extra hour than expected.

Unfortunately, I believe I was covering for a bagger, not a cashier. :( I went out and "gathered" carts from 12:30 to 1:30, and then from 2:00 til 2:25. I took my break from 2:25 til 2:40. And then did carts AGAIN from 2:45 til 3:00. When FINALLY I got to go on a register to cover a break... and was promptly back OFF a register. I finally got back on at 3:45 and stayed on until 5 pm when I got off work.

Carts are HARD WORK. Especially when it's over 80 degrees outside. And you are wearing Jeans, a tank top, a button down shirt, and an apron. I was sweating bad! LOL

Part of me doesn't mind doing carts. Fresh air, a little sun, and I'm NOT dealing with anybody else. Sometimes, the customers get to me a little. BUT... did I mention our parking lot is an uphill slope from the parking lot into the store?? And we do it manually, we do NOT have a machine to help us?? Nope. we do it the hard way. I rarely take more than 5 carts at a time, NEVER more than 6. It's HARD WORK, but kinda rewarding in a way. LOL

Anyway, so if ya see me limping around tomorrow, that's why!

4 comments:

Anonymous May 20, 2009 at 8:17 PM  

As difficult as it is [I never liked busing tables to cover for someone when servers were over-staffed and bussers weren't], you can always look at the bonus...30 less minutes of cardio in the gym for all the calories you burned working! ;-)

Nique May 20, 2009 at 8:27 PM  

Yup Yup!! I WAS planning to do sprinting intervals this afternoon, it's Bob Harper's Challenge of the Day. BUT... I think that pushing carts is gonna have to be close enough!

SORRY BOB!!! (PS.. look for a post on my fave weight loss sites soon!)

Unknown May 21, 2009 at 10:44 PM  

That sounds like a ton of work, Nique. I hate pushing my own cart back when it's uphill to the store. All of them?? Yikes. Of course, getting off that much earlier was probably worth it. I recommend some chocolate now. That will definitely make it all better. :)

Drea May 22, 2009 at 8:40 AM  

Makes ya appreciate those who either bring the carts back up to the store front, or at least put them in the proper places a bit too huh. It wasn't till after my sister started bagging at VONS (years ago) that I became anal about at least putting the carts in the carriages in the parkinglots. I used to be one who just left them wherever I parked (puts bag over head). Now as long as I don't have a baby or a ton of kids with me, I'll take it up to the store front and drop it off...one less cart for the bagger to deal with. :)

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP