Breaks

>> Friday, May 22, 2009

How exactly do we make Nique ALMOST cry at work?? Try NOT giving her a break!! Yeah...

Okay, so it's Friday, Friday's are always a little busy. But the Friday before Memorial Day? Just a little crazy. It wasn't horrible, but it was a steady flow of people. I worked from 1 pm until 6 pm. So my break should have been somewhere around 3:30, right? Well, I, like many people, would rather take my break a little PAST the halfway mark, so we have less time til we're done. But around 4 pm, I was more than ready for my break. Especially since I knew BFF was in the building. She'd come to get gas and needed my card for it.

So I asked about it. And was told that I had to wait for the supervisor to get there. She was scheduled for 4 pm. At 4:15 I ask again, since said supervisor has not yet arrived. And at 4:30, and at 4:45. Finally at about 5 min til 5 pm, I'm ready to revolt, shut my lane down and walk off the job for my 15 min break. I'm seriously ready to cry. This whole HOUR I've survived by looking out the window, seeing BFF's vehicle and knowing she was still there waiting for me.

At 5 min to 5, I had to go to the service desk for some stamps for a customer. My department manager is there (WHY exactly couldn't SHE let me go take a break???) and I ask her about it. I really was about to cry. She tells me that the supervisor had to call in for an hour late, and manager just saw her walk by, and she'd be sure to tell supervisor that I needed my break immediately.

Before I could FINISH the transaction, my supervisor comes over and tells me to turn off my light. OH THANK YOU!!! I had one more person already in my line. So I rang that person, had to turn away numerous people, including one punk, rude kid. I told him, "I'm closed, sorry" and he looks at me and in a rude, how dare you voice says "Are you serious? Gawd, how rude is that!" Ummm, hello kid?? My light has been off and my sign put out for the last like 3 minutes!!!!!!! YOU are NOT that special.

Anyway, by the time I left for my break, my watch read 5:10, come back at 5:25, worked about 35 minutes and went home. I enjoyed BFF's company and helped her do some quick shopping for us on my break. Normally I sit at the Starbucks next door where the employees all know me and rock! :) I LOVE YOU STARBUCKS EMPLOYEES!!!! :)

This evening the girls and I went and got haircuts. Not much, just to deal with the straggly ends. They look great! And tomorrow my parents arrive for a one week visit. YAY for mommy and daddy!

So, forgive me if I don't get as much blogging done as usual, but I will TRY to keep up on it for y'all.

SMOOCHIES!

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP