Gossip and schedules

>> Thursday, May 21, 2009

Okay, do we all remember being kids? I'm sure you heard this phrase from your momma just as I did. "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

One of my co-workers at Job A needs to remember that. Also, we should remember to watch our tongues at ALL times, you just never know who is lurking nearby. SLIGHT background info, New Girl isn't really NEW, she's new to our TEAM, she's worked there for a while. Co-Worker is back after an absence and I did not meet her until 2 weeks ago, so really, they don't know me yet. So the convo goes something like this:

New Girl (NG): Who is that girl who isolated herself at break?
Co-Worker (CW): I dunno her really, she's pretty new.
NG: Well it seems weird that she isolated herself.

A few minutes pass where I am NOT the topic of conversation. Until our supervisor came by...

NG: hey {Supervisor}, why does that other girl isolate herself?
Supervisor (S): Who Nique? She doesn't.
NG: well, she crawled behind the boxes and sat down like she wanted to be left alone. She didn't hang out with us during break.
S: She isn't like us, that's all. And WE boxed in her locker.
CW: Yeah, last time she sat out by the lockers and everyone else did too. She didn't get up and walk away, so obviously she doesn't mind company.
S: She is older than us, she doesn't like the gossip, and I think she doesn't like the break room. She's cool, she's just older.
NG: Well, what do you mean older?
S: She's older than everyone on the team.
NG and CW: no way!
NG: She doesn't look older than 24 or so.
CW: No, older than that, she's got 2 kids and is divorced.
S: guys, she's 31.
CW: NO WAY?!?
S: yeah, I saw her record, she's 31. So she just isn't the same as us, she's got different things on her mind. Now let's get back to work.

Seriously, lately people are acting like I cannot POSSIBLY be that old. I know I should take it as a compliment really. But it's almost annoying!

Now then, my rant of the day. Why oh WHY can't my TWO employers get their acts together and have the schedules up on THURSDAYS when they are supposed to. I had to ASK at Job A this morning to double check that I have next week off. (My Mommy and Daddy are coming to visit.) And what a pain that way, if I have the days off, the schedule just says OFF. But until they SCHEDULE ME, the days ALL say off. SO... I had to KNOW the schedule was DONE to be SURE, Do you KNOW WHAT I MEAN??? After asking the Store Manager, I got my straight answer, I have the week off.

Now then, I'll cut Job A a TINY bit of slack, because, I did clock out at 10:45 am. BUT... Job B gets NO SLACK in this department. I worked from 2:00 PM until 7:00 PM. And people who asked were being told to check back tomorrow AFTER 5:00 PM!!!

Now, I work tomorrow so I'm not too stressed, but seriously, that SUCKS. If you cannot get the schedules done by Thursday, STOP ADVERTISING A THURSDAY SCHEDULE!

Well, this poor soul is TIRED, it's been a long and tiring week with one adult missing from the house.

If you have a topic you'd like me to talk about, please let me know!!!! :)

1 comments:

Drea May 22, 2009 at 8:35 AM  

Gotta love working with the young ones. My sister (who is a year younger than you) is dealing with much of the same stuff at her job at Girl Scouts. She works in a department filled with recent high school grads to college students, so there's a lot of the same type conversations out there. They never can understand why she can't go out with them after work, or why she is always saying she can't afford to hit up Cheesecake Factory on short days and when she has to stay over the weekend for a camp they don't know why she rolls her eyes when they complain about missing their boyfriend of 3 days, when she's missing her husband, 8yr old son, and 16month old son. It's one of the things that makes me second guess going for the job there if it opens up. She says I need to cause she needs someone on her level before she goes insane. LOL

Good luck with the NG Nique! She'll get to know you in time. Oh and btw, age has nothing to do with seclusion either, I do the same thing whenever I go back to work. Find a nice quiet nook to go to, grab a book, and spend my breaks there. But then again I can shell up real quick and easy, just ask Dez. I don't like new situations too well unless I'm real friendly with someone and I'm not super outgoing.

As for the schedules, I hated that when I worked 3 different jobs. Then McDonlad's never could understand that I had other jobs and could only work x hours! They approved it before I accepted the jobs, but were unwilling to work with me - urgh...

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP