Raisin's, Craisin's, and Food Coloring...

>> Friday, May 8, 2009

Why do we panic when the little people are quiet?? Because that is the universal sign of TROUBLE. When we hear water running we know somethings wrong too. Which is how I discovered 4 little girls...

Quietly chowing down on the last of the raisin's and craisin's. Yes, all of them, all the unopened packages for our outtings and snacks, the packages we just bought LAST NIGHT!

And all over their hands, the couch (dark green fortunatly), their faces, their BRAND NEW SHIRTS (thank GOODNESS I'd only paid 9 cents per shirt at Job A for them). And all over the kitchen sink and counter, and all over the bathroom sink and counter...

Oh was I mad. As was BFF. Do ya blame us? These girls had PURPLE food coloring all over them. Yeah, they couldn't even use one that was a light color.

After stripping them, I made them sit in the hall while I washed them as best I could one after the other in lukewarm water. Meanwhile BFF had the shout and froze her hands in the bathroom sink in an ATTEMPT to remove as much as humanly possible from the 9 cent shirts. She did a better job than me! I scrubbed these girls, but we all know how food coloring takes hold and doesn't let go!!!

After all was said and done I had all 4, now naked, girls get in their beds, and lay down. I told them they had to take an early nap. I can hear them, they are NOT napping, but I'm okay with this. I couldn't handle them right now. It's better for them to be safely in their room!!!

Lesson: quiet children = danger. Also, put the food coloring EVEN HIGHER!

2 comments:

Rachel Anne May 9, 2009 at 6:59 AM  

Just stopped by to say hi and welcome to the Company Girls! I know I shouldn't laugh at this story but it sure is a good one...one for the memory books, for sure!

Nique May 9, 2009 at 7:35 AM  

Even a short 24 hours later I find it funny, but at the moment I found them... oooooooooo was I mad! LOL

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP