Reading Challenge Book Reviews February 28, 2010-March 6, 2010

>> Saturday, March 6, 2010

Someday, by Karen Kingsbury: 100+ Books, Support Your Local Library

Karen Kingsbury is rapidly becoming one of my favorite authors. I LOVE her style, just the right about of emotion mixed with Bible verses. I think that is one of the things I like best about her books. She intersperses relevant verses into her books.

This particular book is #3 in a series. Ashley is dealing with the loss of her daughter, Katy and Dayne are making movies in separate countries, and dealing the paparazzi spreading false information about them. But in the end, everyone comes home for Christmas... are they all whole?? You'll have to read it to find out!!! :)


IN PROGRESS:
-Soldier Dead
-The Bible

2 comments:

Sonja March 7, 2010 at 10:16 PM  

I liked Karen Kingsbury, too. Have you ever read any of Francine Rivers' books? I love her writing. I also like Gilbert Morris, but I have found some of his writing shallower than I remembered! Maybe I've just grown in my reading. :) What other authors do you like?

Nique March 7, 2010 at 11:08 PM  

Sonja, I haven't yet read any Francine Rivers' books, but BFF and I saw a new one, Redeeming Love, a retelling of Hosea, at Barnes and Noble the other day. She went gaga for it. I almost bought it for her. Instead she looked it up, one of the libraries in our network has it so she may borrow it that way, or she may buy it through Barnes and Noble Ebooks.

I really enjoyed Kristin Billerbeck, I want to continue the series that I stumbled on, but I will have to order it. Since none of the libraries have it. :( I'm thinking of getting an e-reader soon though and may wait and get the rest of the series in ebooks.

Outside of the two of them, I haven't read many Christian authors really, it's such a new area to me, but I am REALLY pleased with what I'm finding. I think for the most part I'll probably stick to a lot more Christian fiction, much more my style now!

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP