Using Post Crossing for Homeschooling

>> Thursday, August 26, 2010

I have been a member of Post Crossing for 35 Days. I have sent a total of 11 cards with my 12th dropping in the mail in less than an hour, and 7 have been received. I have personally received 4 postcards. The countries I have sent to or received from are:

-Belarus
-China
-Finland
-Germany
-Indonesia
-Japan
-Netherlands
-Poland
-Russia
-United States

A few weeks ago, I posted about trying to get my BFF to let her three older homeschooled children to do Post Crossing. I truly feel it could be a wonderful way of exploring the world, and finding a reason to study a country.

Today, when I told her where my newest postcard was going, she gave me FABULOUS news. SHE HAS AGREED!!!! She has determined a method that she feels will allow her and the children to utilize Post Crossing for their World, and possible US, History and Geography. I am extremely excited by this!! I will, as previously stated, be footing the expense of the postcards and postage, but I consider it a PRIVILEGE to be able to share in the experience with them. I LOVE sending and receiving my postcards. And I am sure they will too!! I hope as the year progresses they find the joy in not just the postcards but the study of the countries as well. :)

Well, I must go get ready for work. Hoping this joy and bliss I feel right now will carry me through the day. I am excited for the end of my shift when BFF and I are going to go do a bit of shopping for this new "unit" of study and when I get home I get to register them online for Post Crossing. This weekend, one at a time, I will help them fill in their profiles, and do a Lego avatar picture for them. :)

HAPPY POSTCROSSING!!!!!

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP