Getting healthy takes work

>> Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Yeah, that's right folks, getting healthy takes work. :)

It takes rest, it takes eating right, and lots of good stuff like that. But at LONG last I FEEL HEALTHY finally.

I still have a bit of a nagging cough a times. Mostly in cold outdoor air.

We finally managed to make it to church this past sabbath, and I am SO VERY GLAD. I found out that next sabbath we are having a baptism and I spoke to our bible worker about being baptized. I was supposed to be baptized at the end of the summer before our previous pastor left, but I got sick and it didn't happen. Turns out the bible worker had been thinking about me and planning to talk to me and see if I wanted to. So I am VERY excited that I will be baptized on Sabbath. :) BFF will be taking the camera and promises to take TONS of pictures in between her tears.

Speaking of BFF, she and I have embarked on a new adventure. We are now getting up dark and early to go to the gym. I have had some recent weight loss and it's really energized me. As vain as it sounds (and I know vanity is not really a good thing), it feels really nice when friends and family are telling me how good I look, how they really see the difference. I had joined the YMCA a few months back with all the good intentions but have quite literally found myself too busy to go. I have long followed a website called the "No Excuses Workout System" and one of the comments the gentlemen who sends out daily emails makes is that the earlier you do your daily workouts, the less excuses you can make. He's right. So BFF said she was going to start going to the Y at 5 am, before her DH was up and leaving for work. I said I'd join her. This way we motivate each other to get out of the house. It works. :) It's a little tough at times, when you are tired and wanna sleep in, but it works.

Yesterday we took pictures for our Christmas cards. I am super excited. The previews BFF is showing me look incredible. I did some of the pictures for BFF of their entire family. I don't consider myself to be some GREAT photographer, but put the right camera in my hands (and I own the right camera) and I can take a decent picture. LOL Especially when BFF basically composes the shot and all I really have to do is TAKE the picture. I happened to also snap a couple totally candid shots of all four girls while I was hanging from a tree (don't ask. Seriously, this is one of those things where I obviously learned my photography skills from my dad. Because only one of HIS DAUGHTERS would be in a NICE SKIRT AND SWEATER and dress shoes, hanging by one hand from a tree over an ice cold creek with her several hundred dollar camera... mom, is this ringing ANY bells???? Seriously??? Water, cameras, nice clothes.... at least it wasn't RAINING!!!!!! Sorry to all my other readers, only my mom and dad will understand THIS little rant!!! Oh, and as I was just reminded by BFF... AND the couple hundred dollar BRAND NEW cell phone tucked into my bra that NEARLY fell out into the creek.... Yes, only my father's daughter would do this. Yes Dad, I am your daughter, because only I would resort to such antics in the name of "getting the shot." The only difference is I prefer to photograph people not flowers in pouring down rain.)

ANYWAY....Well, it's about 8 am here and eventually I gotta shower and get the workout sweat off of me so I won't sink at work this afternoon. LOL And I have some ADORABLE little girls who are probably hungry for cereal. :)

Hopefully I can get my blogging back on track now that I am feeling good again!!

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP