B90, Day 47: Watching My Words

>> Sunday, April 4, 2010

Scripture: Proverbs 26:20

Without wood a fire goes out;
without gossip a quarrel dies down.

Observation: Just as you must continue to feed a fire with wood, you have to feed a quarrel with gossip. So to put out either, just stop feeding them!

Application: Sometimes I have a bad habit of speaking in a gossiping manner that can truly hurt people. This verse is a reminder to me that if I don't want to be talked about that way, that I need to be cautious in what I am saying about others. To sure sure I am not fanning the fires of gossip.

Prayer: Dearest Heavenly Father, help me to remember that my words have an effect far beyond just me. Help me to think before I speak and to be sure that what I am saying is meant to be spoken aloud.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP