B90 Week TEN Check in

>> Monday, September 6, 2010

Wow, It's week TEN!!

And I am excited to report: I AM ON TRACK!!!

I finished up Day 63 last night. Daniel and the prophesies of Daniel are some of my most favorite parts of the Bible, so for me, this is an exciting section to read.

In the Check in post on Mom's Toolbox Amy asked what our secret to success was if we are on track. For me, FLAT OUT DETERMINATION.

I failed last time, in the January session. I made it to Day 63, two and a half months after everyone else was done. My Day 63 Post from last session was made on June 9th. And that would end up being the last day I read. I had to make a decision at that point to attempt to FINISH the Bible in less than a month only to turn around and read it in 90 Days, as I had already committed myself, mind, heart, and soul, to doing this in July. Or to do something very difficult, but to STOP reading to the end, and basically take a break mentally so I was prepared FULLY for the July session of Bible in 90 Days.

So for me, the reason I am succeeding this time, in many respects, is just determination to not repeat my own history of failure. I WANT to read the Bible. I want to learn and study God's Word. And I want to finish by the deadline set before me and set in my heart. Yes, I have fallen behind at times, early on I fell as much as 10 days behind and became VERY frustrated with myself. But I just forced myself to catch up a little at a time until I was back with the group.

I also believe attending the tweet ups, and thereby having extra accountability has helped me TREMENDOUSLY. I didn't do the tweet ups last time. I didn't understand how to, but this time I figured it out. And it DOES help me.

So, after being VERY long winded... LOL

I have not yet posted my blog for Day 63, I finished reading pretty late, and it will be a bit longer than most as I have such passion for Daniel. So maybe tonight I will be able to get it up. :)

And today will be a momentous occasion for me. When I complete Day 64, I will have read farther than last time!!! :)

Thank you everyone who has prayed for me, and encouraged me!

2 comments:

Kara September 6, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

Way to go!! I know you'll finish this time. Daniel is one of my very favorites too. This challenge has been such a blessing.
http://homewithpurpose.blogspot.com/2010/09/bible-in-90-days-b90days-week-tenday-64.html

Kara September 6, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

Way to go!! I know you'll finish this time. Daniel is one of my very favorites too. This challenge has been such a blessing.
http://homewithpurpose.blogspot.com/2010/09/bible-in-90-days-b90days-week-tenday-64.html

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP