B90, Day 60: Take responsibility

>> Thursday, June 3, 2010

Scripture: Ezekiel 18:20-22

20 The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him.

21 "But if a wicked man turns away from all the sins he has committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, he will surely live; he will not die. 22 None of the offenses he has committed will be remembered against him. Because of the righteous things he has done, he will live.

Observation: God is speaking of taking responsibility for your own actions and not forcing the blame onto others and of having the ability to make change for the better.

Application: How easy it can be to place blame on others rather than take responsibility for our own actions. Why is it so hard to admit to our wrongs? Because we don't like facing the consequences. And back then, the consequences were quite severe. But even now, we need to consider the moral consequences. What do our actions cause people to think of us?

That is why I like verses 21 and 22. They speak of the ability to change our actions for the better and be spared. And as it is true with God, so it is true in all of life. Change your actions, set a different example, and how people view you and thus treat you changes too. You will be spared in this life as well as the next.

Prayer: Father in Heaven, Once again, you have shown me how wise the people around me can be. They tell me things such as this and then in no time at all, I find the words from you! You are truly working through those around me to change me and make me the person you desire me to be. Thank you!!

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP