Moving Adventures: Part 2

>> Friday, August 7, 2009

Monday dawned bright and HOT.

BFF and her DH took off with the van for their physical therapy appointments. The plan was he would drop her off early, then go to his, come back for her, and then they'd go get the trailer and be home by 11. PLENTY of time for me to get to work by 4.

Well, things didn't go as planned. They "took the scenic route" from her PT office to the UHaul place (got lost on accident). Then the guy helping them was brand new and didn't know what he was doing and it took twice as long as necessary. So it was around 1 pm when they arrived home.

BFF suggested loading up the mattresses so we could start sleeping at the new house right away, and we got started. Only one minor problem... We still didn't have the keys to the new place!!!

Well, we got the call about getting the keys finally, and we finished loading up the trailer and headed over with my work uniform in tow. By the time we got there, got parked, etc., I needed to be getting ready to LEAVE!! I knew they needed me to help get the Cal-King mattress up the stairs though. BFF's shoulder just isn't healed enough for that. So I told her DH, if you can get to the mattress by the time I'm ready to go, we'll get it up the stairs. Well, I don't know WHAT he did, but he got it there!!!!! And we got it upstairs! And OH MY WORD. I was hurting, he was hurting, I was ready to go to sleep on it but instead rushed out the door to work.

Where I spent almost 3 straight hours doing non stop checking. Seriously, it had to have been one of the BUSIEST days I've seen. WOWSERS. And of course a busy day means cranky people. But all in all, it wasn't a bad shift. One of the other checkers who was supposed to get off at 9 worked until 10 for me so I could leave at 9. I was very grateful!!!

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP