Back on track?

>> Monday, February 6, 2012



So one of my topics this last week for Bible in 90 Days was Excuses. Well, I've had too many excuses for the last couple of months. I am supposed to guide ~L and ~C in their Pathfinder work, as well as doing my own. But what have a REALLY been doing? Being lazy and finding excuses. Let's follow the excuses I have used, whether just in my head or said out loud.

-They aren't putting in any effort, so why should I?
-I haven't got the time, with all the extra work I am doing.
-I just started this new job, I need to concentrate on it.
-I'm tired from this new job.
-I just switched to graveyards, I am so mixed up now, I can't worry about Pathfinders.
-I feel no support from the club.

Okay, there is always a grain of truth to an excuse. But I let the excuses get in the way. Now it's February and we are all so far behind.

I sat down with the books yesterday and some Post-It tabbies. I did this last year too. Instead of giving them specific assignments to complete at a specific time, I give them the entire book, with the things that need to be done tabbed. As they finish the assignments, the move the tabs from the side of the book to the top so I can look over the assignment and sign off on it. To help us all complete this task in the time frame it needs to be done, BFF has told them they must complete at least an hour of Pathfinder work every day. I am hoping we can get this all done!

These kids are awesome though!! ~L got all his work done last year in just a matter of weeks. And the newer curriculum is really great for allowing more creative methods of completing the work.

Now, to get my own work done!

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP