Update on me

>> Sunday, January 29, 2012

K, I've been a way for a while. Life. So here's quick update on me.

July-moved here

August-tried to get a job, interviewed and made it final 3 for a great job. Did NOT get the job. Took a phlebotomy course (thanks mom) to help me find a good job.

September-finally sucked it up and got a retail job. Some money is better than no money. Found another source of income, totally legal. :D Just email if you want info. Offered to be the Earliteen/Youth Sabbath School teacher at church. Pathfinders got going.

October-Continued working retail but putting in applications for better jobs. Started teaching my Sabbath school class, felt to be at a bit of a loss, low attendance, low participation.

November-continued working retail, gave up applying for jobs. But got an email from phlebotomy school about possible opportunity. I submitted a resume. I was called the next day to interview. Turned out to be an opportunity through a temp agency, but ya know what, the company I'd be working at is an AWESOME company and the likelihood was I'd be hired in the long run. Began the training near Thanksgiving. Suddenly having a full time job was a bit of a shock.

December-Ended up quitting retail job altogether (had been only working one day a week, but even that proved to be too much). Trained at new job until the week of Christmas. Passed practical and both written tests. I began my shift, on graveyards, the week after Christmas.

January-Still working hard. Was told last week that I will be hired in another 2-3 weeks!!!! Can't wait to have the other benefits that employees of the company have. :D Insurance, quarterly bonuses, tuition reimbursment, etc. :D Found a groove in Sabbath school, and my attendance at class is now steadily between 6-9 kids!!!! :D

February-stay tuned!! Now that I am settling into my schedule at work, I should have more time to blog again!

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP